Accredited Services, Awards & Distinctions
Westlake Hospital is dedicated to providing high-quality care to our patients. Our efforts have been recognized by national organizations for providing accredited health services and meeting a variety of health care standards:
- Westlake Hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission.
- Westlake Hospital is a Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission for using stroke care protocols that have been proven as efficient and high quality.
- Westlake Hospital is a designated Center of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Gynecology by the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL) and Surgical Review Corporation (SRC).
- The Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at Westlake Hospital received accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for three years.
- The Laboratory at Westlake Hospital was accredited by the College of American Pathologists.
- Westlake Hospital provides a comprehensive diabetes education program that is recognized by the American Diabetes Association.
- Westlake Hospital's Women's Imaging Center was awarded a three-year accreditation in Mammography by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- The Emergency Department is recognized by the Emergency Medical Services for Children and has achieved the status of an Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP).
- The Chicago Center for Bariatric Surgery at Westlake Hospital Achieves National Accreditation from the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Westlake Hospital also works to reward staff members that do an exceptional job. The Daisy Award
was founded by the Barnes family who experienced extraordinary nursing care while their son, Patrick, was terminally ill. The Barnes family was so grateful to the nurses who cared for Patrick that after he passed away, they decided to create a nationwide recognition program for the nurses who go above and beyond in order to care for their patients.
If you have seen or experienced extraordinary care from a Westlake Hospital nurse, please take the time to submit a nomination form
so that the nurse can receive the recognition he/she deserves! Patients, family members/visitors, volunteers, and any staff can nominate a nurse!